Meditation on Matthew 6: 25-34
As believers there is nothing that should consume us with worry, especially our daily provisions such as; eating, drinking or apparel, for ourselves, children and husbands.
When God created the world he strategically had order in all things
In verse 26 it is said: “look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap, nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them”.
This is an amazing concept, why? Because even though animals do not have the mind-set of a human being, they still have their individual role/mission here on this earth and from start to end they are driven by that alone. It is essential to understand that everyone and everything has their individual part to contribute to this lifetime and the Heavenly Father is the provider to us all.
As It was mentioned prior, The Lord is strategic and of supreme order and he ensures for even the birds of the air, that substantial provisions are taken care of, without the requirement of; working, planning and saving.
What does this mean to us as a believer? This demonstrates that The Lord is ahead of it all, and isn’t short sighted or blind when knowing and meeting our individual needs.
The Lord in this same verse asks a question and let’s really think about this, he says; “are you not of more value than they?”
Even though God knew his every intention on why he created the creatures of the sky, water and land, however when he created us Genesis 1: 26-28,illuminates he thoughts and plans towards us here on earth and this is what is written: “lets us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.” So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Then God blessed them and said “be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish of the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”
The key points recognised for us as believers to constantly remember and reflect upon are;
- We are created in Gods likeness, meaning we are a reflection of his character in his love, patience, forgiveness, kindness and faithfulness.
- Human worth isn’t based upon possessions, achievements, physical attractiveness or public acclaim; it is based on Gods image.
- We are given dominion over “the fish of the sea, the birds of the air and the cattle all over the earth.”
In these key points made, it is clearly illustrated that I/us/we are all special and unique in the Fathers eyes, with set out missions individually as we as collectively, so why we see our needs i.e.: clothing, food, drink, financial, spiritual, mental, health, restoration, habits, peace, children, marriage, career, housing and ministry as something that God cannot not take care of and provide adequate provisions for us as his children.
The Heavenly Father is highlighting to us the readers (Children of God) that worrying by no stretch of the imagination changes anything at all, as verse 27 states: can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
I know in life when circumstances arise this is not the first thought process of thinking at times, and that’s just being honest! However as you explore the word of God you soon realise that the lord is more than able, as we move to verse 28, this forces us to look at ourselves, our wants and allows us to focus on the beauty of The Lords provision of the lilies of the field, that the Lord said “even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.”
In these verses are visuals and examples of Gods everlasting provision, lovingkindness and care, above all these are reassurance to his children that he will not forsake us of all the love and care he has for us, our children, our marriages, our career, our families and future.
The thing that really hinders us spiritually with trusting The Lord, is our mind set and lack of understanding of our Heavenly Father. If we just scratch beyond the surface, spend more time in the Word then and only then will we ever be patient enough to believe and receive that he can and will.
Again in verse 30, God is still requesting that we stop wasting valuable time and effort into worrying, why?
- Damage to Health ( Mental, emotional and spiritual)
- Causes the object of your worry to consume your thoughts
- Disrupts productivity
- Negatively effects the way in which you treat others
- Reduces your ability to trust in God
There is a big difference between worrying and being concerned, being concerned moves you to action, but being worried immobilizes!
We have been reassured that our Heavenly Father is fully aware of every need our lives, however verse 33 gives us the key to enable us to start receiving what he has in mind for each of us, which will surpass and exceed what we intentionally even asked for.
Key things to remember
- Turn to God first for help!
- Worrying profits us nothing of good
- Gods provision is sufficient and most importantly timely
- Have a look at the simple things such as; nature, animals, flowers, wonders of the world, the sky. If you look closely enough at the simple things, you will see that’s were Gods beauty lies.
- Don’t be consumed on societies ideology of what life should be, read Gods word and unveil the right mind set, characteristics and drive, and then you will be able to appreciate the life you live on earth resting on knowing eternity is yours in Heaven.
- God is more than able to change you r situation
- Be patient/still
- Increase your faith
- Let go and let God in everything not somethings
Sister Saphina Camps