In our societies today, many pharisees are around us who question or challenge the faith of those who believe in Christ as their Lord and Saviour. My brother, my sister, Jesus Himself when through lots as we read in the Word of God. On this passage, when Jesus told the people listening to Him who He was, it is because they actually knew and understood what He meant that they wanted to stone Him to death (John 5:18). You see, it is those people who know who you are, but oppose who you are, who will always want to stop you. That is why the Word of God tells us not to trust man: “Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save” (Psalm 146:3)! My friend, put your trust in “I AM”! Yes, Jesus used the phrase “I AM” in seven declarations about Himself in the book of John:
– I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:35, 48, 51);
– I AM the Light of the World (John 8:12);
– I AM the Door of the Sheep (John 10:7-9);
– I AM the Good Shepherd (John 10:11, 14);
– I AM the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25);
– I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6);
– I AM the True Vine (John 15: 1-5).
As we are entering 2014, look at the attributes of our Lord and Saviour, and open your heart to I AM, asking Him to take total control of all the areas of your life, so that you may start enjoying a transformed life in Him. He is faithful: He does what He says and He says what He does. Stay blessed in Jesus’ name.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014